So it’s a new year and a new you. Have you hit the gym yet? I have worked in gyms and at this time of year I avoid them at all costs. So I have decided to actually do some resolutions this year, but of course they are about books. I should have written this post a few days about but I had to think about what I really want to change this year when it comes to my reading and my books.
So here they are my 2016 resolutions:
- Read more Books. This is such an easy one to do. I read the most books I think I have ever read last year. I managed 45, and my goal was 20. So I am going to stretch it a little further for this year. 50 books in 2016. As long as I spend all of my free time reading I don’t think this is to far of a stretch.
- Stop Reading the book if I don’t like it. This one is hard for me. I have a very hard time putting something down because I always think “it will get better”, “I am half way through I’ll just finish” and on and on and on. This must change, waste of time if I don’t like it.
- Recommend Books I Don’t Like. Just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean someone else won’t. There are so many books I was not a fan of but people love, don’t get it but to each their own. So expand my recommendations to people. What is my trash may be someone’ treasure.
- Get rid of some books. It get’s to a point where I will have no more room and be a legitimate hoarder if I don’t get rid of some. If my husband won’t read them or if I will not read them ever again I should pass them on. Make room for more books?
- Expand my reading even further. I don’t read a lot of business, self-help or western books. Among other ones, but I can’t list them all. I need to read these too, expand my mind and you never know I might actually love them?
These are some great starts and resolutions I think. As I sit here and pat my back because of how good they are, I have to start to do them and put them in to practice. I have heard it takes three times to make things a habit. So today is the day…better late than never. Let’s see how I do this year and maybe I’ll write a follow-up blog post at the end of the year to see how I did. Wish me luck and Happy New Year everyone.